Are you firefighting right now?
The world is currently coping with unprecedented change. This means unprecedented levels of not knowing. As humans our brains are hard-wired for certainty; we are not naturally good at ambiguity or feeling as if we cannot plan or control outcomes.
We’re also not very good at noticing we’re stressed until we’re burnt out
As a coach I’ve been helping leaders and teams strengthen trust and build commitment and I have two decades of experience helping people deal with stress, crisis and change.
When stress and uncertainty go up, trust and communication go down and we:
- Struggle to focus and make poor decisions (work ones and health ones)
- Have trouble sleeping and/or feel tired all the time
- Can get angry and critical (fight) or withdrawn and fearful (flight)
- Develop a scarcity-based mindset that leads to blame and competition
- Choose numbing activities; scrolling, binge-watching, over-eating or drinking, endless checking of spreadsheets and forecasts
Sound like you? Your team? Your boss?
Contact me here for a conversation on how together, we can change that.